- Analyze engineering, business, and data processing problems to implement, improve, and maintain data warehouse systems
- Perform requirements gathering, design and development of data model of data staging layer, Hubs and satellites of Data Vault using Power designer.
- Design and develop modular and highly reusable IBM InfoSphere DataStage jobs to load data into data warehousing systems.
- Design and develop reusable DataStage jobs to capture DataStage job run statistics (Metadata) and perform data reconciliation of source systems.
- Design and development of strategic solutions using InfoSphere DataStage and decoupling it from legacy Oracle Stored Procedure based tactical solution.
- Design ETL to load data from Data Vault to business specific databases. Execute and manage production support activities for various data low solutions.
- Work on multiple projects involving data integration solutions including mapping data from source systems, restructuring and redefining to clarify and maximize information content.
- Use ETL tools (DataStage and related Infosphere tools), custom ETL code (UNIX Shell Scripts, stored procedures, PL SQL, and SQL) and databases/file systems (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Teradata).
- Design and handle activities including Error Handling, Implementing Business Logic, Data Transformation, Migration, De-Duplication, Reconciliation and Change Management.
- Create testing mechanisms to validate application across multiple versions of DataStage and verify results. Implement cost effective methods to fix post production defects.
- Education: Bachelor – Computer Science or Electronic Engineering (will accept foreign education equivalent)
- Experience: Five (5) Years
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org