The BI landscape is constantly evolving with new technology vendors, innovation, acquisitions. This phenomena has led to major changes in the consumption of Business Intelligence by many organizations and, as result of which, several BI migration projects have been surfacing constantly. There has been considerable increased interest shown by organizations in the BI platform migration due to long-term associated costs with licensing, maintenance, support, etc. Many organizations are looking to consolidate by using a single vendor approach because they simply don’t want to continue to administer multiple applications, across different technologies, with multiple security models and metadata tools to maintain. In addition, some organizations are looking to migrate from their existing BI Platforms due to scalability, product features, limitations, functionality, etc. Staying with the current trend and emerging technologies in the industry and use the best of breed technologies are other factors to consider. Finally, in some cases organizations have multiple BI platforms and are seeking to minimize costs, increase efficiency and adopt a simpler business processes by consolidating onto a single standard Business Intelligence platform. Quadratics, being one of the highly specialized firm in analytics, has successfully implemented many BI migration projects. Our process is disciplined and starts with defining the scope to determine what needs to migrate, what processes can be improvised, what functionality and features can be effectively utilized for optimization in the new platform. Our team comes with cross platform knowledge and can implement the best practices with accurate estimates for each specific migration. Our experience in this area helps our customer reduce their risk and cost, as well as optimize timelines. We can help you achieve the following:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the current BI environment and document.
- Identify gaps between the current requirements and design to fit these requirements in the new tool suite.
- Design and create hands-on lab exercises.
- Build a migration plan with detailed processes and migration procedures.
- Evaluate the tool for usage, stability, scalability and performance.
- Prepare a test strategy for complete UAT and regression testing.
- Build a customized training program to transition the users to the new environment.